MS. Description

Key of Solomon (French), Abraham Colorno
This is volume 1 of 2 (see MS. 4670 for volume 2)

Postby John J. Coughlin » Sat May 15, 2004 7:05 pm

From http://archives.wellcome.ac.uk

(my not-so-clean translations in italics)

Stacking Code: MS4669
Reference Number: MSS.4669, 4670
Title: Pseudo-Solomon
Date: 1796
Level: Collection
Extent: 2 volumes [/i](This is Volume 1)[/i]
Acquisition: Purchased 1932.
AccNo: 78093, 78094
Description: La Clavicule ou la Clef de Salomon, Roi des Hébreux et fils de David, traduite de l'hébreux, divisée en quatre livres. Les Clavicules de R. Salomon. Traduites par Mr. Pierre Morissoneau, Professeur des langues orientales et Sectateur des Sages Cabalistes. With other tracts on Magic. Illustrated with numerous pen-drawn magical figures, talismans, etc. in gold, silver and colours. In Vol. I the text is in red, black and green: in Vol. II the text is in similar colours, and facing the title-page is a folding figure of a magic Circle in red and green, the text in red. In both volumes there are historiated ornaments, vignettes, tail-pieces, etc., by the calligrapher who signs himself on the title-page of Vol. I 'J. S. Fyot, Écrivain. 1796'.

TRANSLATION: The Clavicle or the Key of Solomon, King of the Hebrews and wire of David, translated the l'hébreux one, divided into four books. Clavicles of R. Salomon. Translated by Mr. Pierre Morissoneau, Professor of the Eastern languages and Sectateur of Wise Cabalistes. With other leaflets one Magic. Illustrated with numerous PEN-DRAWN magical figures, talismans, etc in gold, silver and colours. In vol. I the text is in red, black and green: in vol. II the text is in similar colours, and facing the is title-page has folding camera appears of has magic Circle in red and green, the text in red. In both volumes there are historiated ornaments, labels, tail-parts, etc, by the calligrapher who signs himself one the title-page of vol. I 'J. S. Fyot, Writer. 1796'.

Vol. I. 1 Le Clavicule ou la Clef de Salomon ... divisée en quatre livres (1 bl. + 114 pp. + 2 bl. ll.). 2 Recueil de secrets magiques, tirés de Pierre d'Abano, de Corneille Agrippa et d'autres célèbres Philosophes (68 pp. + 2 ll.). 3 [Anon.] Traité de la Cabale mixte qui comprend l'Art Angélique, extrait des Docteurs hébreux (82 pp. + 2 bl. ll.).

TRANSLATION: Vol. I. The Clavicle or the Key of Solomon... divided into four books (1 bl. + 114 pp. + 2 bl. ll.). 2 Collection of magic secrecies, drawn from Pierre d'Abano, Crow Clutched and d'autres famous Philosophers (68 pp. + 2 ll.). 3 [ Haddock. ] Treated mixed Cabal which includes/understands l'Art Angélique, extract of the Hebrew Doctors (82 pp. + 2 bl. ll.).

Edited By John J. Coughlin on 1084727807
John J. Coughlin
Site Admin

Return to Wellcome Institute MS. 4669